Table of Contents
If your Nonprofit & Tax-Exempt Organization run with annual gross receipts less than or equal to $50,000, the IRS requires you to file Form 990-N. IRS doesn’t require you to pay taxes.
Form 990-N is also named as e-Postcard (electronic postcard) as it must be completed and filed electronically. The Organizations can also satisfy their annual reporting requirement by filing either Form 990-EZ or 990.
1. What Advantages will you get for your Organization after filing Form 990-N?
As IRS make your e-Postcard available for public inspection, your nonprofit organization has the highest chance of getting the donors. These donors will usually access the Form details that are published by the IRS as the most trustable source and find out the right nonprofit to volunteer or to make their contribution.
2. When IRS requires to E-file 990-N?
You must file Form 990-N before the 15th day of the 5th Month after the end of your organization’s tax year.
- If your Organization act under calendar tax year, you must file before May 15th.
- If e-Postcard not filed on time, IRS will send you a reminder notice.
There is no extension for Filing
There is no penalty for not filing the e-Postcard on time, but if an organization fails to file e-Postcard or
Forms 990-EZ for three consecutive years will lose its tax-exempt status automatically.
3. What Do You Need to Do If your Organization exempt status is revoked?
You can apply for reinstatement of exemption to the IRS by Filing Form 1023 with proper reason for not Filing Form 990-N (e-Postcard). If IRS recognized your organization as tax-exempt, you can then begin your filing Form 990-N again.
4. What Information Will You Need to Report on e-Postcard?
IRS requires the following eight basic information about your Nonprofit Organization to e-file 990-N.
- Employer identification number (EIN)
- Tax year
- Legal name and mailing address
- Any other names representing the Organization
- Principal Officer's Name and Address
- Organization's Website Address if any
- Confirmation on the organization’s annual gross receipts are $50,000 or less
- If applicable, a statement on organization termination or is terminating (going out of business)
5. How to file Form 990-N (e-Postcard) electronically with IRS?
Filing your Nonprofit tax return with ExpressTaxExempt is simple secure. If you have already filed 990-N with the IRS, ExpressTaxExempt will import your e-Postcard information securely it reduces your time work for entering that basic information again. Start your return by just entering the EIN. Then verify your organization summary and
file the Form 990-N (e-Postcard) electronically with the IRS in minutes with ExpressTaxExempt.
If you are a new organization need to file for a first time with the IRS, you can enter the basic information in a few steps transmit your return.
An IRS-Authorized e-file provider, ExpressTaxExempt offers the most secured e-filing experience for Nonprofits Tax-Exempt Organizations. Also, you will receive information regarding your filing status to know when the IRS has accepted/rejected your return.
Also, ExpressTaxExempt offers FREE 24/7 email support U.S. Based experts will help you at any time during the filing process.
ExpressTaxExempt also supports Filing of Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-PF. Visit ExpressTaxExempt.com to file 990-N, 990-EZ, 990, 990-PF Forms instantly.